Paleo Pancakes: Happy New Year!
I love brunch. I love making it, I love sitting down to eat it with a hot cup of coffee at home on a Saturday or Sunday morning. I love it so much that I am starting a brunch series which basically just means I will post more brunch recipes which hubs is pretty stoked about because he gets to eat more brunch!
Most of the time, I eat breakfast (which is definitively NOT brunch) in the car or at my desk. On those days when we sit down and really enjoy brunch, I want to make sure it is delicious and indulgent but does not make me want to spend the whole day on the couch.
These pancakes are made in a blender in 5 minutes or less and you can add any other fruits or veggies you might want to experiment with. I add apples but they would also be good with zucchini, banana, added almond butter, etc.
I love these pancakes because 1. they are pancakes and 2. because they go perfectly with coffee 3. hubs loves them 4. you can add anything to them 5. they are easy to make 6. they are delicious! 7. you can cut them in to shapes for all holidays (see photo below)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (optional, but helps for rising)
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup packed almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 apple shredded or chopped
- anything you want for toppings. I like sauteed apples, yogurt, berries and honey.
- Combine all ingredients in to a blender or food processor.
- Do not put the flour in first or it will get stuck in the bottom and you will have very thin pancakes… (speaking from experience)
- Heat coconut oil in a non stick skillet
- Pour pancake mix on to skillet and cook pancake until starts to bubble then flip
PS I am doing a giveaway on instagram this week! Head on over to enter @balancebride