Mixed Berry Chia Seed Jam
Chia Seed Jam
Hubs loves jam, jelly, marmalade, really any fruit spread but I have never made it for him. So, when I saw that chia seed jam was a thing… I jumped right on it. This recipe is super easy to make and easy to customize to your preference. Even better, honey is the only sweetener!
We have been spreading it on muffins, adding it to our overnight oats and possibly also eating it out of the jar. I used blackberries, raspberries and strawberries for this one but I think it would work well with peaches or apricots too. You could even try it with frozen fruit if you dont have access to fresh.
- 3 cups of fruit (you can use any mix you like but make sure it adds up to 3 cups…ish)
- 2-4 tablespoons of honey
- juice of half lemon
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- wash fruit and cut any large fruit in to smaller pieces
- heat a medium saucepan and add fruit to bring out the flavor and make it easy to mash
- using a spoon or potato masher, mash the fruit as it cooks (the amount you mash depends on how thick or thin you want the jam to be)
- add the honey and lemon juice and continue to stir for 2-3 minutes
- add chia seeds, stir and turn off the heat
- pour in to a jar and let cool before you enjoy
*this should last about 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator